How music defines parts of ourselves

I noticed a lot of things while writing first, being it's super easy to get distracted by literally anything. I am cursed by the horrible habit of hating silence. I constantly need something playing or making noise in the background, whether it be a tv show or music something must be on. When I write, I prefer to have music just because it does not require me to pay as much attention to it. I started noticing that what I'm writing will reflect what music I end up listening too. As I mentioned in a previous post, I pour myself into my main character allowed me to express feelings, emotions, and actions that I am far too petrified to even attempt. However, one thing that I did notice is the different persona I take on the various music interest I have in a sense when I step into another character shoes and envelope their personality I give them a music taste because that's a vital part of who I am therefore it is for them too. I love the idea that I am creating multiple versions of myself in a different scenario, what if I was a boy whar if I was blonde, what if I was 4 inches taller? What if I had different parents. I really see them come out in my music, in fact, I have several playlists that cater to each character and their separate personalities, and I will listen to their type of music while I'm writing specific scenes that they are involved in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Ripper

Barbie Dolls

"I'm not a lair"- A writer